Not to bluff but, full stack developer is one of the most popular and demanded occupation in the current date. Well, the newbies are not under the scarcity of resources online as well as in the person that will assist them to learn the full stack development course and also land them at high payment yielding jobs. So, you must be wondering how to get started the journey of becoming a full-stack developer? Let me show you.
What is a full-stack developer?
A full-stack developer has the skillset to work on both the front-end and the back-end of a mobile app. Front-end is the part where the user will see and interact with the app. While, the back-end is the part which handles the database, logic, server-configuration, and user authentication. Well, you don’t need to be an expert in both the things but you must have sufficient knowledge to work both these things out while building a mobile app. Now, that you know what is a full-stack developer, let’s move on the things you need to learn to become one.
List of things to learn to become a full-stack developer
Well, HTML is like the learning the alphabets before you start to learn the spellings. For any development, whether you are learning it online or in the classroom, HTML and CSS are the basic things to learn. They are like the foundation of the app and web development. They are like the bricks if you want to construct a home. The basic function of HTML is to add any sort of content to the website whereas that of the CSS is to style any kind of content.
Let me jot down the list of things to cover in HTML and CSS.
- Semantic HTML
- CSS Box Model explanation
- CSS Media Queries
- CSS Preprocessors
- Knowledge of how to use JSON.
- Language features like the functional composition, closures, prototypal inheritance, functional composition, scope, and higher order function should be known.
- Knowledge of at least one of the popular frameworks.
- Solid understanding of JQuery code.
- Basic knowledge of the testing framework.
3) Database and web storage
While you are into the mobile app development, there will be an urge to store a certain amount of data and then access it at a later date. A full-stack developer must have the knowledge on how and where to store the data. Learn the below-listed things to be able to have a grip on database and storage.
- Knowledge on the relational data like SQL.
- Have information about the NoSQL database like MongoDB.
- Learn about the in-memory data stores.
- Learn the connection between the database and your selected back-end language.
- Webs storage for storing cookies, store sessions, and cached data in the browser.
4) Back-end language
- Ruby on rails
In my opinion, you can try learning PHP as it is basis language, widely accepted and used and extremely in demand. You can consider Developers Academy for PHP training.
5) HTTP and REST
- Usage of ChromeDevTools can be of extreme help.
- Knowledge of SSL certificates.
- What is REST and how is it important for HTTP and web app development.
- Best things for Restful API designing.