What Employers Are Looking For In A Junior PHP Developer?
The roles and responsibilities, duties, and skill set of a junior PHP developer are very different from that of a senior one. Well, there is not much expected from a junior developer but there are certain things expected from them. So, if you are a junior PHP developer who has scheduled an interview at some commendable IT company, you should know what you are expected to know. It’s better to remain one step ahead of the employer and serve him his required skills and experience. So, you know already or want to know about? Read ahead and get a track of the things you need to learn.
- Even if you know revising the entire thing would not be that bad. You will know if you have missed a thing or two and can buckle up before meeting the employer.
- If not advanced, get the full-fledged control of the basic PHP. Get knowledge of which functions will be used in what situation, file handling, superglobal, and such other things about PHP.
- Know how to work with structured query languages. Well, there are companies which make use of the non SQL databases but however, the preference for SQL databases are more. This makes even for the junior PHP developer to know it and work with it.
- Object-oriented programming is also one such thing expected by the employers from the junior PHP developers. Majority of the company’s code is written with OOP and hence it is a must know for juniors.
- Know how to work at least one of the frameworks. Well, the employer won’t expect you to have the in-depth knowledge and experience but at least the basics of the same. If you are thinking about which framework to learn then I would recommend Laravel.
- Know about MVC or even about MVVC for better chances of getting selected by the employer. This would be included in the basics of PHP development.
- Get live project training and gain experience of having worked on the project and implement things you have learned. If you are looking for a PHP training institute to learn, get trained, and create a good impact on your resume, then consider Developers Academy.
What After You Have Got The Job As Juniour PHP Developer?
Once the employer gets impressed with you and selects you, there is a whole new battle to be fought. When you get recruited as a fresher, you are on probation and you will have to prove your potential to be a permanent employee. Here are some of the points to be taken into consideration to become a permanent employee.
- Be confident about your skills and talent.
- Always keep a learning attitude but never get intimidated by your seniors or leaders.
- Take proper call when to ask senior to teach tasks and when should you indulge in self-learning.
- Never stop learning. Even when something out of your line comes your way, learn it.
Additional Things To Learn As PHP Developer
- Frameworks or programming language your company is into.
- Database management
- Integrated development environment
- Tools of debugging
- OS and basic admin system
- Web API
- Web server
- HTTP protocols
- Web services
- DNS management
This would be enough for now, with the time and experience you will the same things but in a bigger and better manner.